- Art Hits the Wall Exhibit by the NS Rug Hooking Guild has been moved to the Museum at 150 Church Street.
- The Square Bottom Round - Basket Weaving has been moved to Headquarters at Town Hall, 98 Victoria St
- Because You Count -Cross Stitch has been moved to Headquarters at Town Hall, 98 Victoria St
Thursday, 17 October 2013
Please note the following changes for this week's events:
Thursday, 10 October 2013
Bella's Café and Bistro are cooking up a special menu for the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival. Call now to reserve a seat!
Fibre Arts Festival Dinner Nova
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Bella’s Café and Bistro
117 Victoria Street East
BABY SPINACH SALAD WITH MIXED BERRIES, FETA CHEESE AND HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE
ROSEMARY Roast Pork Loin with Sauce Robert
BOTH ENTREES SERVED WITH OVEN ROASTED POTATOES AND A VEGETABLE MEDLEY
NOVA SCOTIA BLUEBERRY CRISP WITH FRESH WHIPPED CREAM
Price: Thirty Five Dollars Plus Tax Per Person
Reserve your Seat Now
Monday, 7 October 2013
The banners are flying in downtown Amherst – it’s almost time for the 6th annual Fibre Arts Festival, a five-day celebration of all things fibre happening all over Amherst from October 15th to the 19th.
One of the week-long highlights of the festival is the Fibre Art Walking Tour. Participating businesses proudly display the work of artisans in their windows so that festival visitors can view them at their leisure. For a donation of $5, visitors can purchase a Fibre Arts Festival button
and receive a walking tour guide and map, a chance to win one of ten prizes, and a membership in the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival Society.
Buttons will be available at festival headquarters in the Amherst Town Hall at 98 Victoria Street. The prizes are:
- beaded leather and fur moccasins,
- a winter silhouette cross stitch kit,
- a hooked ‘welcome’
- a felted flower,
- books on spinning and rug hooking,
- a ‘maritime beauty’ quilted table centerpiece,
- a ‘harvest trio’ cross stitch wall hanging,
- a mobius infinity scarf,
- hand spun merino yarn, and
- a large basket filled with fabulous fibres.
The prize draw will be held at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 18th.
So, don’t miss out – stop in at Festival Headquarters in the Amherst Town Hall and get your festival button, map, and walking tour guide – become a member of the festival society and put your name in the draw – it’s the best bargain in town and it supports the ongoing work of the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival Society.
As well, check the festival brochure for all the special events occurring during the festival, and make sure you don’t miss out on those requiring an RSVP or a reservation.
- Fibre Arts Festival Opening Celebration from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 15th – Please RSVP if you plan to attend by e-mailing the coordinator: email@example.com .
- Breakfast at Brittany’s at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 16th – with guest speaker Mary Farrow Sinclair on the topic of ‘Japanese Fabrics’ – Please let the festival know if you plan to attend by contacting Mary (902-667-7401, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) or e-mailing the coordinator at email@example.com.
- Dinner at Bella’s Cafe, 117 Victoria Street, with an Exhibit of Tatting by Karen Negus – Thursday, October 17th, Reception at 5:30 p.m. and Dinner at 6:30 p.m. – Reserve by calling 902-660-3090.
Festival Headquarters in the town hall will be open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with volunteers standing by to answer your questions. Drop in to see the display of hooked rugs, to inquire about location or event information, to view demonstrations, or just to rest your tootsies and have a chat.
Hope to see you at the festival!